1. The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 hair follicles.
2. Once a hair follicle dies it is dead forever.
3. There is such a thing as seasonal shedding; hair sheds more in the fall months approximately 60
strands per day.
4. People who have a heredity disposition to hair loss could lose up to 100 + strands per day.
5. The average life of a hair strand is 10 years.
6. Hair and scalp have a Ph of 4.5 to 5.5.
7. Human hair is so strong, an average head can hold 10-15 tons, if only the scalp was strong enough.
8. Human hair grows autonomously, meaning each hair grows on its own cycle. If each hair was on the same cycle we would molt!
9. Human hair has the highest rate of cell division it grows an average of ½ inch per month.
10. 70 million Americans have thin or thinning hair.
11. 30 million are women, that’s 1 in every 4 American women.
12. Medical experts say by the time there is a visible sign of hair loss, you’ve lost as much as half of your hair.
13. Low level laser is FDA approved for hair growth.
14. If thinning hair is caught in time Low level laser has been proven to stop or slow down hair loss.
15. Trichology is the science of hair and scalp.
If you’d like more information on low level laser treatment or our trichology program designed to encourage health hair growth by correcting your scalp please contact us at (248) 540-0900 for a free, no obligation consultation.