Losing your hair as a woman can be devastating. It’s a terrible feeling when you have when you look in the shower drain, sink or brush and notice more hairs than usual. Your heart sinks and you think “OMG! I am losing my hair!” When this happens the first thing you do is tell our stylist. Unfortunately, stylists are not trained in hair loss solutions, so they will probably tell you that you’re crazy and your hair is fine or tell you to change where you part your hair. Neither of these things are going to stop the hair loss.
You continue to lose hair and so you start to research hair loss and hair loss solutions on the internet. So many solutions, options and opinions come up. Which one works, which one is the right one for you? After hours and hours of surfing the web you many decide on a shampoo that claims to regrow hair, or you may decide on extensions or maybe a wig.
Then you’re stuck because the shampoo doesn’t work, the extensions made you lose more hair, and the wig is just too uncomfortable. And now you are back to square one and are wondering what to do next, what will work?
There are many reasons a woman can be losing her hair. Women’s hair loss is very different than men’s hair loss. Women’s hormones are the biggest difference between the two. So, men’s hair loss solutions or a generic hair loss solution is not going to do the trick.
Here is guide to help you make the right decision about your hair loss.
First, some things to think about:
1. Does hair loss run in the family? Some forms of hair loss are hereditary.
2. Have you experienced a stressful situation in the past year? Stress can cause hair loss and take
up to 6 months to manifest itself.
3. Did you just have a baby? Many women experience hair shedding for the first year after child birth.
4. Are you taking a new medication or birth control? Many medications can cause hair loss.
5. Have you had your thyroid checked? Thyroid issues can cause hair loss
• Confirm it is not a thyroid issue. If you suspect you have a thyroid problem make an appointment
with your doctor.
• Make an appointment at Images International because we specialize in Trichology (the science of
hair and scalp) and ask for a scalp and hair analysis. This analysis will help determine the issue
and best solution.
Then lastly, do not wait too long to do something about your hair loss. The quicker you address the issues the better chance you have of stopping or reversing your hair loss. Once the follicle dies it will never produce hair again. So, the sooner you can address the issue the better. Certain types of hair loss can be reversed or stopped if caught in time. Hair growth is takes time, it does not happen overnight. You need to give any hair growth solution at least 12 months to see a result.
Images International is a Trichology certified salon. We offer hair regrowth solutions that work. Call (248) 540-0900 for a free consultation. Visit our photo gallery on our website to see the results our clients have enjoyed.